Friday, September 9, 2011

Write for yourself


I'm not used to blogging so that everyone I know can see it. I do have another blog that some people I know follow me, which is more personal and I don’t have to worry about what I post. I don’t really have to think about what I post on there because in some way, everyone’s gone through the same thing. I don’t want to have to hold back what I want to write because everyone I know can read it. At first I was skeptical with this whole class blog thing, but now I see it as a way to get to know everyone. Even those you never really had any interest in getting to know. Some may judge us because of the words we choose to say and share with everyone else. No one should have to think about what to write because they’re scared what other people will think about them. You’ve known most of these people since probably elementary school. Everyone already knows the basics about you. Open up a little more and let people know the real you. What people may not see from the outside. I think I've grown more comfortable with writing for everyone in my class to read. I've realized that I don’t care what people are going to read. I'm going to write what I want to write. Some may be personal, and some people may judge, but I'm not writing for you. You should never write to please someone else.

2 comments:

  1. the uncomfortableness of having everyone read what you write is the first thing most people think about when they figure out how Sutherland's class works, but it really doesn't take that much to get used to.

    good sentence to end the post, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAT'S RIGHT...GET FREE, GYAL!

    Your attitude assures maximum fun and adventure.

    ReplyDelete